SRX

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
Expand all | Collapse all

SRX-340.. release 21.3R1.9 ifAlias snmp mib object not showing the interface description.

• 1.  SRX-340.. release 21.3R1.9 ifAlias snmp mib object not showing the interface description.

Posted 10-18-2021 05:24
    I've recently just updated to the latest release 21.3R1.9 one of our SRX firewall and unfortunately, our monitor tool stopped to show  the interface descriptions anymore.   I confirmed it running the following CLI from the SRX firewall itself : ">show snmp mib walk ifAlias",   and it was true...  no interface descriptions were returned while the other SRX firewall, which it has not been updated yet to the latest version, does it.
    Reading what's new in  the latest release, I read that juniper has  modified the mib file of ifAlias snmp object to stop of returning the interface description when queried.  But I haven't find  any workaround on this.   
    I wonder if someone can help.. Maybe there is a new object-id to pickup the information, but juniper does not specify how.

------------------------------
    Salvatore Colimoro
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: SRX-340.. release 21.3R1.9 ifAlias snmp mib object not showing the interface description.

Posted 12-03-2021 15:55
    Hi Salvatore,

This is a known issue. See https://prsearch.juniper.net/PR1633906