Innovators Circle

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

Juniper EX3400 pair in a Virtual-Chassis issues routing through uplink aggregation port-channel

• 1.  Juniper EX3400 pair in a Virtual-Chassis issues routing through uplink aggregation port-channel

Posted 03-05-2021 18:42
    We are having issues with a pair of EX3400s gaining access to our network running 18.3R3.8.

The pair of switches are in a virtual-chassis with a port-channel pair of interfaces up-linked to another EX3400 stack.

We can't seem to ping from the switch beyond the first hop switch while the aggregation  port-channel is up.

We are noticing that when we disconnect one leg on our 2 port port-channel up-link then we can route without issue. (Doesn't matter which leg is removed.)

When we plug in the second port-channel interface, systems that were connected stay up but new user access ports can't access the network or pull dhcp addresses.

If anyone has seen this behavior and has a solution I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thank you

• 2.  RE: Juniper EX3400 pair in a Virtual-Chassis issues routing through uplink aggregation port-channel

Posted 03-08-2021 14:23
    We had a case that was similar to this.  The version of SW we were using was different.  If you open a case, have your engineer look at PR1466423 (https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1466423) to see whether this issue you are having is the same.  We ultimately had to upgrade the SW to get things straightened out.

• 3.  RE: Juniper EX3400 pair in a Virtual-Chassis issues routing through uplink aggregation port-channel

Posted 03-08-2021 14:35
    Thanks for the feedback mrburkem ,

I'll forward your info on to Juniper support. Still waiting on a reply from Friday.

I was able to get it to pass traffic through the AE Port-Channel only after I put it on my bench.
    The weird thing is, we rebooted the virtual-chassis several times in production to no avail.