Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  VRF Setup on EX4650 series

Posted 08-14-2023 16:07

Community members, I feel a bit stuck.

I'm trying to create 3 VRFs and transit networks from my external firewall for different entities, and running into a bit of an issue

I've gone through the guide for setting up Virtual routing instances.   

Virtual Routing Instances

But it still leaves a lot to be desired, and errors when I attempt to commit the following configuration:  (Interface was default before the edits below)

set interfaces ge-0/0/40 vlan-tagging
    set interfaces xe-0/0/40 unit 0 vlan-id 300 family inet address 10.200.3.1/30 
    set routing-instances R2 interface xe-0/0/40.0

(Eventually will do R3/R4 as units 1/2)

Commit Check output:

[edit interfaces xe-0/0/40 unit 0 family]
      'ethernet-switching'
        Family ethernet-switching and rest of the families are mutually exclusive
    [edit routing-instances R2 interface]
      'xe-0/0/40.0'
        Interface with 'interface-mode' is allowed only in a virtual-switch or mac-vrf instance
    error: configuration check-out failed: (statements constraint check failed)

------------------------------
    LARRY CHISHOLM

• 2.  RE: VRF Setup on EX4650 series

Posted 08-15-2023 01:45

Hi,

It looks like you have family ethernet-switching and family inet both enabled together on xe-0/0/40.

Can you please share the output of "show interfaces xe-0/0/40"?

Regards

Sheetanshu Shekhar

• 3.  RE: VRF Setup on EX4650 series

Posted 08-16-2023 12:20

I ended up seeing where I had a fat-finger in the configuration.  This was for the XE, Not GE.

Secondly, I had inheritance set for default port configuration, so I removed that, and setting up the routing-instance worked.

LARRY CHISHOLM

• 4.  RE: VRF Setup on EX4650 series

Posted 08-16-2023 12:37

That should have all been XE, not GE.  I see where I fat-fingered that.    The VRF/Routing instance is established now.  The problem was  that I had inheritance set on the port I was attempting to configure, once I removed inheritance from the port, I was able to get the connectivity working.  

LARRY CHISHOLM

• 5.  RE: VRF Setup on EX4650 series

Posted 08-15-2023 09:59

What are you trying to do ? What interface are you trying to configure?

You are editing both ge-0/0/40 and xe-0/0/40 here, which belongs to the same physical port, but is not the same interface (depending of the SFP or SFP+ inside the SFP cage of the EX).

It's clear that you already have a unit 0 with ethernet switching on xe-0/0/40. A simple show interfaces xe-0/0/40 in config mode would show that.

If you don't need it, just delete it before. If you want to keep it, you will have to rely on a new vlan using an IRB layer3 interface inside it.

Olivier Benghozi