Switching

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.

If you have a question or a use case, there are likely others experiencing or who worked through the same thing. Don't hesitate to jump in and ask or share your knowledge!

Need additional guidance?  Check out these Juniper Resources.

Knowledge Base Day One+ Technical Bulletins

Latest Discussion Posts

• If you have two switches connected by a single link and therefore no loop, there is no requirement for spanningtree to pass traffic between them. The console port uses RS232 and not Ethernet and IP. To log in through a management port, you would ...

• Thank you all very much! vstp is definitely a point, I have links up up and packets to and from and the routing mac's for each vlan are from the uplink switch, but no L2 routing. Native vlan and next hop applied. Vlan members in group. The VME is ...

• Hi, Thanks for your help. ------------------------------ MOHAMMED DAMOUH ------------------------------

• This might be a very old or "quite new" way of configuring vlans (for switching) on interfaces. I am not aware of this syntax, I've never seen it on EX3300 ("classic" interface) or EX3400 ("extended l2" interface). I'd say just stick with the usual syntax. ...

• Yes what is your goal with the "vme" interface. You can't use it for switching (believe me I tried ;-)) it's directly attached to the control plane, not the data plane. ------------------------------ Erik Slagter ------------------------------

• Hi, If Datasheet said maximum 2 then just follow it. If not follow then Juniper not resposible if anything happen. Thanks

• HI, Thanks for your feedback, in this case, is it impossible to make a virtual chassis with more than two members? If I do it anyway, do you think it will have performance problems? no need vxlan Thanks ------------------------------ MOHAMMED DAMOUH ...

Announcements

• Elevate Community Updates

We are making improvements to the Community based on your feedback. Keep an eye out for updates as they are implemented. 

Please give us feedback any time by posting in Community Talk.

Unanswered Posts

Top Contributors in the Community