Blogs

Is it possible to use a common QoS scheduler on a traffic-class group comprised of an aggregate of multiple GRE tunnels?

By Erdem posted 01-27-2016 12:57

Question

Is it possible to use a common QoS scheduler on a traffic-class group comprised of an aggregate of multiple GRE tunnels?

Answer

Support for using a common QoS scheduler on an aggregate group of GRE tunnels is accomplished by using a per-unit scheduler for GRE tunnels, which provides fine-grained queuing by using a single scheduler for a set of queues. As of Junos OS Release 10.1 and later, support for per-unit scheduler for GRE tunnels is added for:

• M Series Multiservice Edge Routers: M320 with SFPC, M120, M7i, and M10i for non-enhanced (ABC-based ) Compact Forwarding Engine Board (CFEB) and enhanced CFEB (I-chip-based)
  • T Series Core Routers, including TX Matrix devices

QoS on GRE tunnels is not supported when using the MS-DPC (IP services line card) on an MX Series device.

This feature adds all of the functionality of tunnel PICs to Gigabit Ethernet Intelligent Queuing 2 (IQ2) and Enhanced IQ2 (IQ2E) PICs. The QoS for the GRE tunnel traffic is applied as the traffic is looped through the IQ2 or IQ2E PIC. Shaping is performed on all packets that pass through the GRE tunnel.

QoS features are handled the same for both 10-Gigabit Ethernet DPCs and 1-Gigabit Ethernet DPCs.

For more information, see MX Series Interface Module Reference

#FAQ
#JuniperMSeries
#JunosOS
#QOS
#GRETunnel