Log in to ask questions, share your expertise, or stay connected to content you value. Don’t have a login? Learn how to become a member.
Junos Continuity is a software package that enables you to deploy new hardware in the network without the need to upgrade Juniper Networks Junos operating system (Junos OS). Junos Continuity software works like a pluggable software module that enables you to deploy new hardware components by providing the drivers and support files required to bring the hardware online.
Each version of the Junos Continuity software package supports a specific type of hardware, such as Modular Port Concentrators (MPCs), power supply modules, and so on. You can download and install the Junos Continuity software package that supports the hardware component that you want to deploy.
Junos Continuity software is currently supported on the MX240, MX480, MX960, and MX2000 Series 3D Universal Edge Routers.
Watch this video to learn more about how Junos Continuity allows you deploy new hardware components in the network without downtime.
This article provides answers to the frequently asked questions about Junos Continuity.
1. What are the prerequisites for installing Junos Continuity software?
2. How do I install Junos Continuity software?
3. How do I decide which Junos Continuity package to install?
4. How do I verify the FRUs supported by the Junos Continuity software package?
5. Should I uninstall the existing version of Junos Continuity software before upgrading to a later version?
6. Do FRUs supported through Junos Continuity software support GRES and NSR?
7. I have installed Junos Continuity software. Will the FRU come online automatically?