Data Center

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

vxlan irb interface increases the traffic latency on QFX5110

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  vxlan irb interface increases the traffic latency on QFX5110

Posted 7 days ago
    I have the following topology
    Without IRB configured, the latency between Host-1 and Host-2 is below 1 ms via vlxan.
    As QFX5110 does not support irb interface in the global routing instance (inet.0), I did the following way
    set interfaces irb unit 1140 virtual-gateway-accept-data
    set interfaces irb unit 1140 family inet address 10.67.254.30/27 virtual-gateway-address 10.67.254.1

set interfaces lo0 unit 1 family inet address 10.68.191.235/32

set routing-instances EVPN-1 instance-type vrf
    set routing-instances EVPN-1 interface irb.1140
    set routing-instances EVPN-1 interface lo0.1
    set routing-instances EVPN-1 route-distinguisher 10.68.191.235:1
    set routing-instances EVPN-1 vrf-target target:65534:65534
    set routing-instances EVPN-1 routing-options interface-routes rib-group inet to.inet0
    set routing-instances EVPN-1 routing-options static route 0.0.0.0/0 next-table inet.0

set routing-options rib-groups to.inet0 import-rib EVPN-1.inet.0
    set routing-options rib-groups to.inet0 import-rib inet.0
    ​

With the above configuration, Host-3 can reach both host-1 and host-2, but the latency jumps to about 5 ms, even the latency between host-1 and host-2 also jumps to about 5 ms.
    The worse thing is when I added additional irb interfaces, the latency spikes  to 700 ms.

Anyone has clues and insights on this.

I do have a case for Juniper.

thanks so much !!

• 2.  RE: vxlan irb interface increases the traffic latency on QFX5110

Posted 5 days ago
    Anyone has any inputs related the routes leaking between VRFs  and the Global?   OK or Bad ?