Management

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

SNMPv3 notify-view vs notify-filter

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  SNMPv3 notify-view vs notify-filter

Posted 07-10-2022 13:15
    I have configured SNMPv3 according to Juniper documentation.  Regarding traps configuration, I'm a bit confused about something.  Please see the following portion of my SNMPv3 configuration.  I understand the meaning of the notify-filter command under target-parameters.  But Juniper says that I must also add a notify-view command under access.  It appears to me that they both define what traps can be sent, which is an apparent contradiction.   What is the difference between notify-view and notify-filter?   How do you reconcile the two?  

snmp {
    v3 {
    vacm {
    security-to-group {
    security-model usm {
    security-name SNMP-User {
    group SNMP-Group;
    }
    }
    }
    access {
    group SNMP-Group {
    default-context-prefix {
    security-model usm {
    security-level privacy {
    read-view OSS-VIEW-FILTER;
    write-view OSS-VIEW-FILTER;
    notify-view OSS-VIEW-FILTER;

target-parameters TP-OSS {
    parameters {
    message-processing-model v3;
    security-model usm;
    security-level privacy;
    security-name SNMP-User;
    }
    notify-filter OSS-TRAP-FILTER;

notify-filter OSS-TRAP-FILTER {
    oid internet include;

view OSS-VIEW-FILTER {
    oid internet include;

By the way, I pasted the config and it removed all indents, does anyone know how to avoid this?

------------------------------
    Xavier Zevallos
    ------------------------------