Junos OS

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

RouterID needed for MVPN and OSPF?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RouterID needed for MVPN and OSPF?

Posted 06-19-2022 15:19
    Greetings,
    Can someone clarify for me the following
    I have a MVPN topology that i am maintaining. There is a new feed that i have to set up using I-PMSI. Not a problem I can just grab the configuration from a working deployment to adjust. As part of the design, there is a virtual-router instance configured for OSPF. The adjacency would not come up unless I added a loopback and made the interface part of the instance.
    1. On JunOS , is it required to have a loopback address to bring up an OSPF adjacency? It seems like it but i never had this issue before when setting up a peering between devices not using a virtual router instance. I believe the rules for selecting a routerID are highest loopback address OR highest physical IP address. 

2. Is a loopback needed for MVPN configuration? Our current deployment has it but in my testing on my lab multicast works without a loopback configured.

------------------------------
    MICHAEL MOORE
    ------------------------------