Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  ping will work but not SSH

Posted 06-14-2022 10:02
    Hello Given the setup:

MX --- SW --- FW --- Server

When pinging from MX to Server it will work without any issues, however SSH will not work from MX.
    FW was checked, i can see under security flow session both inbound and outbound traffic, there is a policy in place which is permitting SSH and icmp.
    Also if i ssh from the firewall it will also work.

All is in place and everything should work, what am i missing?

------------------------------
    ALEXANDRU MINZAT

• 2.  RE: ping will work but not SSH

Posted 06-15-2022 05:21
    what kind of server? if the TCP traffic is traversing your firewall, as i have been doing for the last 8 years... please blame the server! jajaja,  try a telnet instead of a ping, take captures on the server if possible that is what will give you the answer, probably authentication, if you dont see an authentication prompt then it is a firewall, either server or the FW in the middle.

GABRIEL FLORES

• 3.  RE: ping will work but not SSH

Posted 06-15-2022 05:21

Much more info is needed , can you post configs at all  ?

does the Server have a fw policy as part of the OS, 
    is the FW a SRX  , it will show the number of packets in each direction this is useful.

does the server have a single NIC, what is the OS. 

Is there any opportunity for the return traffic to take a different path ?

Simon Bingham