Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  ng-mvpn for hub and spoke topology

Posted 06-02-2022 09:54
    I am working on ng-mvpn for hub and spoke lab from Juniper training material. But hard to figure out.

Anyone has any materials to share on this topic ?

thanks !!

• 2.  RE: ng-mvpn for hub and spoke topology

Posted 06-17-2022 12:47
    Can you share what the issue is so we could help you?

Elvin

• 3.  RE: ng-mvpn for hub and spoke topology

Posted 06-18-2022 05:53
    I have the following topology
    I am trying to send multicast from the sender to the receiver. I am ok with mvpn via normal mpls topology. But not good at Hub and spoke.
    Some words in the Juniper materials confuse me.  The material only  shows some output to check routes, pim join and etc. but no words about how to verify the multicast traffic. My lab consists of vMX.

I am looking for some detailed samples if any outside there.

thanks so much !!

• 4.  RE: ng-mvpn for hub and spoke topology

Posted 06-19-2022 15:18
    After fighting almost a week, eventually I got it working. Tomorrow I need to comb it more to be clear for each steps.
    Basically rt-import community is specially handled for hub and spoke topology.

From THIS WEEK: DEPLOYING MBGP MULTICAST VPNS
    It also implies that the VPN is full mesh and all the PEs get routes from each other, so complex configurations like hub-and-spoke, or extranet, are not feasible.

If anyone can share any sample for mvpn in Hub and spoke topology, really appreciate.

thanks !!