Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  EVPN-VXLAN "extended-vni-list"

Posted 07-08-2022 11:09
    Hi team,

I discovered we may use those different commands to advertise VNIs through EVPN between two sites:
    1- vni-options{
              vni-number  vrf-target target::community;
              }
       }

2- extended-vni-list all

My question is: Is that possible to use both commands on the same router?
    is the switch-options section also mandatory? I just configured EVPN-VXLAN with no switch-options and works fine.

Thanks,

​

• 2.  RE: EVPN-VXLAN "extended-vni-list"

Posted 07-11-2022 14:07
    in case it helps to see another config, here's my current working configuration.  I removed some of the bgp and interface items to focus on the evi portion

set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan vtep-source-interface lo0.0
    set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan instance-type virtual-switch
    set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan route-distinguisher 10.10.0.10:135
    set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan vrf-target target:135:135
    set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan protocols evpn encapsulation vxlan
    set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan protocols evpn extended-vni-list 13579
    set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan bridge-domains bridge-13579 vlan-id none
    set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan bridge-domains bridge-13579 interface ge-0/0/0.135
    set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan bridge-domains bridge-13579 vxlan vni 13579
    set routing-instances my-evpn-vxlan bridge-domains bridge-13579 vxlan ingress-node-replication

------------------------------
    Aaron Gould
    Senior Network Engineer
    aaron@gvtc.com
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/agould123/
    ------------------------------