Junos OS

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Equivalent of Rate-Limiting Profiles in Juniper

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Equivalent of Rate-Limiting Profiles in Juniper

Posted 08-12-2022 04:16

Hi everyone!

I am currently studying CoS in Junos and I want to know what is the juniper equivalent of a cisco policer that uses CIR, CBS and EBS.
    I know that at the [edit firewall three-color-policer single-rate] hierarchy, I can specify these values and I can match the packets I want using firewall filters e.g. on IP-Precedence values.
    For instance:

set firewall family inet filter IP_PREC term t1 from precedence 1

set firewall family inet filter IP_PREC term t1 then three-color-policer single-rate POLICER-160M
    set firewall three-color-policer POLICER-160M single-rate committed-information-rate 160m

set firewall three-color-policer POLICER-160M single-rate committed-burst-size 30m

set firewall three-color-policer POLICER-160M single-rate excess-burst-size 60m

However, I don't know how to set the confirm action, violate-action, and exceed action as, say, set some mpls EXP bits.
    Juniper's documentation on the subject says you can't configure it (link below):
    https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/security-policer-single-rate-three-color-overview.html

How should I go about setting these three actions??
    Looking forward to your valuable suggestions/instructions.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    SHAHBAZ KHAN
    ------------------------------