Switching

Welcome! 

Get answers on switching topics, including the EX and QFX portfolios, and share your expertise.

To easily navigate to other communities, select Communities > All Communities in the navigation.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hi, I'm new to Juniper ACL, and find something can be easily done on Cisco switch but so difficult on Ex4200 switch. I tried to stop all the outgoing traffic from 10.33.108.128/28 behind the switch from going out, but allow all other traffic within 10.33.108.0/22 ...

• I think I might have not explain in detail, allow me to do so. The command set vlans default switch-options interface-mac-limit 2 packet-action drop-and-log is acting at the vlan hierarchy level for every interface, effectively all interfaces can only ...

• Thanks Elvin. Is there a way to exclude my trunk ports? I guess I could apply the interface-mac-limit at the interface level for every interface except trunks...is this what you would suggest?

• It affects all interfaces including trunks. Elvin

• [edit]# set vlans default switch-options interface-mac-limit 2 packet-action drop-and-log Will the above command affect a trunk port that has learned 20+ MACs on this VLAN?

Upcoming Events

Announcements

• How are we doing?

Juniper is driving a company-wide initiative to further enhance our customers’ experience. Please tell us how we’re doing via a quick video that will be used for internal Juniper viewing only--none of it will be shared publicly!

Please record your video here 

Use your phone or laptop. It should take about 5-10 minutes, and you can review and re-record any segment at the click of a button. 

Thank you in advance!

• Last chance--RSVP for tomorrow's Apstra OS Lightning Talk

Open to Elevate Community members only!

Join host @Melchior Aelmans, Consulting Systems Engineer, Juniper, and speaker Christian Scholz, Senior Consultant for Networking & Security at Telonic for a discussion on how EVPN-VXLAN will change the way we design data centers, and how Apstra can help.

Christian will get technical, include a live demo, and answer your questions.

When: Tuesday, July 13, 9:00am-9:30am Pacific; 17:00-17:30 CET