Automation

Welcome! 

Get answers on all things network automation and share what you've built. Post here or in the following product groups: 

Puppet for Junos 

Be sure to check out Juniper EngNet, which empowers network engineers and developers to quickly build and deploy trusted network applications with Juniper's automation technologies.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hi Dave, I don't think this is possible at all. If my reading of the pyez code is correct, the library doesn't actually do any parsing of the config at all - what it does do is it takes the config in one of the supported formats, and uses an rpc call ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Hi Elvin, Thanks for taking the time to respond. I previously saw the link you referenced, but the issue I have is that it seems like there is a requirement to create a device instance, which requires a hostname or IP address. And I don't have a live ...

• thanks !!

• Using Python Interactive Mode on Devices Running Junos OS https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/automation-scripting/topics/task/junos-script-automation-invoking-python.html To invoke Python 2.7 or Python 3 in interactive mode ...

• You can load the config from multiple sources as described here. With your browser, find the section on "Specify the Location of the Configuration Data". HTH, Elvin

Community Articles

• Junos offers a broad range of automation capabilities, starting from a YANG based configuration and state information base , accessible via CLI, NETCONF and REST over gRPC based JET APIs directly into various Junos daemons. Some readers might even ...

1 person recommends this.

Announcements

• Help us help you & get a $20 gift certificate

Juniper is driving a company-wide initiative to further enhance the customer experience in everything we do. Please tell us how we’re doing by recording a quick video/audio clip (for internal Juniper viewing only!).

Please record your video/audio here by July 23.

These are the questions we’ll ask:

1. Juniper deeply values your experience with us. How are we helping you achieve your business goals and those of your customers?
    2. What has been the best part of working with Juniper?
    3. What single improvement could Juniper employees (aka “Junivators”) make to help you succeed?
    4. Is there anything else you’d like to share about your experience with Juniper?

You may use your phone or laptop. It should take no more than 5-10 minutes. We will not share any aspect of the video (including your name, company, and quotes) externally.

As a thank you, we’ll email you a $20 gift certificate to redeem in our Juniper online store. If you’re with a public sector organization and can’t accept the reward, we still welcome your video, as your feedback is also critical to how we shape our actions.

Thank you in advance for sharing your voice and helping us provide you the absolutely best experience possible.

• Juniper OFC presentations on-demand

Our subject matter experts recently presented at OFC, the Telecom and Data Center Optics event. We're pleased to share their on-demand presentations with you, and no registration is required:

Have questions? Please contact Leonard Luna or Dani Aiello.