Switching

View Only

Welcome! 

Get answers on switching topics, including the EX and QFX portfolios, and share your expertise.

To easily navigate to other communities, select Communities > All Communities in the navigation.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Nyath...I suspect that you're getting this error is b/c you have no access or trunk ports that are configured or active for this VLAN, thus the IRB won't come up. If you do a show vlans (operational command), do you have any interfaces for VLAN 10? ...

• I want it in standalone mode. I configured the whole switch, went to deploy it, but maybe it saw other vchassis units on the network? I don't know, but it somehow switched into linecard:0 mode and won't let me login locally, even though there is no master ...

• I also tried to reset the unit to factory defaults and still get: Amnesiac (ttyu0) login: root Logging to master ... Connection to master failed, enabling local login Amnesiac (ttyu0) login: root Amnesiac (ttyu0) login: ​ But it won't give ...

• Folks, I am having a routine issue with some newer Juniper EX-2300 switches I have running version 18+ I find when I assign the virtual irb interface for the management VLAN, VLAN 10, and give it an inet address it keeps responding with the error when ...

• This issue is you device is in linecard mode so will not take you config until this is the master Can you confirm this is a virtual chassis or a standalone device and not in production yet has the device been taken or being repurposed in some way ...

Polls

Announcements

• Join the Innovators Circle community

Lend your voice and make an impact at Juniper. 

The Innovators Circle is a research-driven, private circle where members share feedback on a wide range of topics to help Juniper leaders make an impact on all business areas (e.g., marketing, products, digital experience, etc.). Members receive opportunities for rewards through e-gift cards and exclusive content.