Switching

View Only

If you have a question or a use case, there are likely others experiencing or who worked through the same thing. Don't hesitate to jump in and ask or share your knowledge!

Need additional guidance?  Check out these Juniper Resources.

Knowledge Base Day One+ Technical Bulletins

Latest Discussion Posts

• The IPv4 interface is used only for remote management(and will remain so) on the switches and only have one static route needed for this. From your answer there is nothing further needed to be done on the switches. That's great as I can then focus only ...

• The configurations for ipv6 are all related to layer 3 getting ip addresses. So if the switches only perform layer 2 functions than no change would be needed. For the layer 3 interfaces that exist in ipv4 you would need to add the equivalent ipv6 configurations. ...

• Hi all, I'm starting a project for introducing IPv6 routing into our network. We have several Juniper devices in the path that need IPv6 enabled on. The devices are in the following: MX80 router -> EX4600 VC switch -> SRX4100 -> EX4300 VC switch ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Firewall Filter

For traffic that has a source or destination of the Junos device itself we apply the firewall filter to the loopback address and this then applies to all traffic for the device. These are called protect RE filters. There is a full discussion on creating ...

• I need to add QnQ VLAN to an existing trunk port on a QFX5100. I have a EX4200 -> MX480 - > QFX5100 Here are the existing Interface configuration on the QFX5100 set interfaces ae4 aggregated-ether-options no-flow-control set interfaces ae4 ...

Polls

Announcements

• Elevate Community Updates

We are making improvements to the Community based on your feedback. Keep an eye out for updates as they are implemented. 

Please give us feedback any time by posting in Community Talk.