Security

• 1.  IDP Signature Download Failed (Fetching /var/db/certs/sigpack_certs.pem failed)

Posted 11-09-2021 05:34
    Hello

I installed new IPS license for srx  recently, after that when i try download signature, i got the below error:

Done; Fetching /var/db/certs/sigpack_certs.pem failed, error: -1

i can't find any document about that.

i would be appreciate someone help me to resolve the problem

Regards,
    Amir

• 2.  RE: IDP Signature Download Failed (Fetching /var/db/certs/sigpack_certs.pem failed)

Posted 11-09-2021 05:41
    I don't see this specific message but have you checked all the items listed here in the general troubleshooting kb

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23359

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 3.  RE: IDP Signature Download Failed (Fetching /var/db/certs/sigpack_certs.pem failed)

Posted 11-09-2021 11:51
    Hi,
    I hit the same issue last week on JUNOS 21.X, it seems to be some undocumented bug. After couple of times restarting the SRX, the error disappeared and downloaded the latest signature. Make sure you have smooth access to Internet.

SV

SHIVAJI CHAVAN

• 4.  RE: IDP Signature Download Failed (Fetching /var/db/certs/sigpack_certs.pem failed)

Posted 11-13-2021 05:57
    Hi

We updated srx to JUNOS 21.X and after that we got this error.
    It seems to be some undocumented bug.
    I'll try to reset the SRX and updated this post.

Amir

• 5.  RE: IDP Signature Download Failed (Fetching /var/db/certs/sigpack_certs.pem failed)

Posted 11-16-2021 10:44
    Hi!

I got this too on an SRX4100 cluster running 19.4R3-S3. It even stopped running the scheduled updates after some attempts (I have committed new "security-package automatic start-time" times several times but it won't start). I'll try a reboot or possibly a RG0 failover and see if that solves it.

I'll open a support case if it isn't resolved.

/Fredrik

• 6.  RE: IDP Signature Download Failed (Fetching /var/db/certs/sigpack_certs.pem failed)

Posted 11-17-2021 07:24
    Dear Fredrik

Please update us, if the problem resolve

regards,
    Amir