Junos OS

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Vlan ranges

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Vlan ranges

Posted 05-03-2022 15:52

hi All

new with Junos

I'm trying to figure out the best way to configure a large number of VLANs (200-1000) on all of my ports as Tagged and different untagged VLANs on some of the ports.
    I'm trying to avoid a large number of config lines to execute' but on the other hand, I do need the flexibility to easily change VLANsinterface membership configuration in the future.
    i know the options are :
    1) VLAN-range command, which isn't available in my switch (ill try to upgrade to more recent firmware)
    2) vlan-id-list option - will i have the flexibility i need with it?
    3)Wildcard range set option, which sounds like the right solution but because i need to parameters {vlan name} and {vlan-id} in the same command, it didn't really work.
         it created vlan names according to the range i entered but assigned the same vlan-id to all of the vlans. (attached the syntax and output below)

im using ex2300 with firmware 18.2R3-S4.1
    ill appreciate any recommendations and tips,

thanks

wildcard example:

root@JYou# wildcard range set vlans cust[10-20] vlan-id [10-20]
    /
    {master:0}[edit]
    root@JYou# show vlans
    cust {
        vlan-id-list 10-20;
    }
    cust10 {