Junos OS

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Layer2 Loadbalance

Posted 01-05-2022 09:02
    Hello Guys,

i need some Brain Push :)

i have 2 QFX Stacks on 2 different Locations connected with 2  Ethernet connections from an Tier1 Carrier.
    Now i will do Loadbalance over these 2 connections, and i'm not Sure what is the right way here.

Maybe some MPLS Stuff. Lacp is not possible,  cause that are switched connections, not even a wavelength or Physical fibre.

I hope someone can give me an Ideea, thanks :)

• 2.  RE: Layer2 Loadbalance

Posted 01-06-2022 14:38

I would suggest LAG'ing the 2 connections b/wn the switch stacks and letting the LAG Link hashing determine which link to send the traffic down.  If you try to do this w/o LAG, you open yourself up to having a L2 broadcast/spanning tree issue, thus causing you to run a form of spanning tree and only one of the links will be used for forwarding.  This will basically put these 2 links in an active/standby state vs LAG will be active/active(and also increased link capacity).   Also, LACP is an optional knob for turning up LAG, but in most standard practices its usually turned on.

HTH!!

Steve