Junos OS

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 04-30-2019 01:44

If I have a wireless AP has its uplink (with fixed IP) connected to the SRX firewall interface fe-0/0/1. Is that possible to find out this AP IP address in SRX CLI?

• 2.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 04-30-2019 01:57

-> show interfaces terse | match xe-4/0/0

-> show configuration | match xe-4/0/0 | display set | display inheritance

or you need to know remote IP:

-> show arp interface ge-1/1/0.0

re0> show interfaces terse | match xe-4/0/0
    xe-4/0/0 up down
    xe-4/0/0.0 up down inet 192.168.2.1 --> 0/0

re0> show configuration | match xe-4/0/0 | display set | display inheritance
    set interfaces xe-4/0/0 unit 0 family inet address 192.168.2.1/32

re0# run show arp interface ge-1/1/0.0
    MAC Address Address Name Interface Flags
    64:87:88:5e:f3:50 50.1.1.2 50-1-1-2.dsl.dynamic.fusi ge-1/1/0.0 none

• 3.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 05-20-2019 00:12

Sorry for the late reply. But the method of "show interface | match" and "show arp" were not work. There is no result show.

• 4.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

• 5.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 09-01-2019 20:30

Hello raviky,

Thanks. But the topic you suggest to me seems not apply to my case. Even none of the reply was mark as solution.

• 6.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 09-05-2019 08:28

Hi,

Try below:

1. Ping the broadcast IP in the subnet on your interface. I would expect all hosts in the subnet reply something. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_address

2. Ping the IP in the subnet one by one 

• 7.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 09-05-2019 12:16

Hi Jlotag, 

Does the AP support LLDP? you can try enabling LLDP for that interface , wait for some time then do  : 

show lldp neighbors interface ge-x/y/z   

I hope this help! , let me know your results.

Regards, 

Franky

• 8.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 12-31-2019 11:53

what do you see in the output of  show interfaces terse | match fe-0/0/1

• 9.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 12-31-2019 11:54

what is the configuration of interface fe-0/0/1 ? 

• 10.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 12-31-2019 11:58

show arp no-resolve interface fe-0/0/1 can be helpful. 

( AP has IP address on it so i would assume that Fe-0/0/1 and that AP are in same subnet ? )

• 11.  RE: How to find out the device's IP address that connected to specific interface

Posted 12-01-2021 12:17
    simply this command help me:

"show lldp neighbors"

------------------------------
    Francis Nidhin Pereira
    ------------------------------