Automation

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Ad-hoc command suboptions via cli

Posted 12-17-2021 09:27
    Hello,

I'm starting to work on junos automation with Ansible.

Here are some configuration informations:

ansible 2.9.6
    python version = 3.8.10

As I am starting to understand step by step the way it works, I am trying to use the Ad-hoc commands directly on my labs equipments, not through playbooks.

But I am getting some troubles to launch those commands using some of junos modules such as "junos_interfaces", whereas it is really well working with "junos_user" module for example.

I think I have problems with the syntax to be used with the "junos_interfaces" module as it has suboptions in the arguments:

- name: "Replaces device configuration of listed interfaces with provided configuration"
    junos_interfaces:
    config:
       - name: ge-0/0/2
       description: 'Configured by Ansible-2'
    state: replaced

I tried so many commands with no success, such as the following one (sw_core_lab_qfx5100 is my lab equipment) :

ansible sw_core_lab_qfx5100 -m junos_interfaces -a 'config="name=ge-0/0/2 description=Configured by Ansible-2" state="replaced"' -u test_user --ask-pass --connection local

Can someone please help me to get the correct syntax to be used to use this module correctly?

Thank you in advance!

• 2.  RE: Ad-hoc command suboptions via cli

Posted 12-18-2021 09:25
    Getting started in your lab I would recommend you just follow along the chapter layer in this free Juniper Day One book Automating Junos with Ansible.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/day-one-books/DO_AJA2ndEd.pdf

And for Python check out the setup, getting started and examples in the Juniper Day One PyEZ cookbook.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/day-one-books/DO_PyEZ_Cookbook.pdf

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Ad-hoc command suboptions via cli

Posted 12-20-2021 05:45
    Hello Steve,

Thank you for the reply, but I have already tried to find the answers to my questions into thoses books without success...

I even tried to configure the exact same  playbooks as the one in the books, but they didn't work... That must be a problem of configuration in my equipments.

But at least I just wanted to know what's the correct syntax to use in the cli ad-hoc commands to use suboptions.

Thank you again.

• 4.  RE: Ad-hoc command suboptions via cli

Posted 12-30-2021 05:45
    Hello,

I finally stop trying to launch ad-hoc commands and start making my own playbook, and it's working very well!

Thank you for your reply.