Automation

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

JTAF / Terraform

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  JTAF / Terraform

Posted 02-18-2022 15:48

Hi Folks

I recently did a bit of a deep dive on Junipers Terraform Automation Framework (JTAF) with a more real world example in terms of setting up 2 providers and provisioning a customer, given the lack of community examples of this thought I'd share to assist anyone looking into things.

Covers:

• What is JTAF
    • Setting Up the Environment
    • Building Providers - QFX/MX
    • Finding the HCL for each resource
    • Deploying a 'Customer' from JSON data using Jinja2 templates to generate the HCL for JTAF

LinkedIn post is here:  Chris Russell on LinkedIn: Junipers Terraform Automation Framework (JTAF) - nifry.com | 10 comments

Or the Blog post (no ads on my blog) here:  Junipers Terraform Automation Framework (JTAF) - nifry.com

Has a few pointers which aren't (yet) in the documentation which explain some gotchas ... hope this helps folks

Ta

Chris

------------------------------
    CHRIS RUSSELL
    ------------------------------