Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  BNG Questions

Posted 12-07-2021 11:11
    Hi

I have some questions about BNG config and usage on Junos.

We are setting up interface-sets that are dynamically created from the aci information provided by the OLT.
    Then we are placing the  pppoe sessions from that OLT inside the interface-set

1.  We want to setup the interface-set to have bandwidth capping ( overall control ) then each pppoe session would have its own separate CoS parameters inside that main container.
          I have a dynamic profile defined of a class of users with pppoe attributes etc etc ( there are three different bandwidth tiers available in that class )

My idea is to define the different options statically inside the class-of-service in the dynamic profile.

dynamic-profiles profile-name {
      class-of-service {
        traffic-control-profiles {
            500m-interface-set {
                scheduler-map subscriber-smap;
                shaping-rate 500m;
                guaranteed-rate 50m;
            }
            1000m-interface-set {
                scheduler-map subscriber-smap;
                shaping-rate 1000m;
                guaranteed-rate 100m;
            }

}
        scheduler-maps {
            subscriber-smap {
                forwarding-class assured-forwarding scheduler af_sch;
                forwarding-class best-effort scheduler be_sch;
                forwarding-class expedited-forwarding scheduler ef_sch;
                forwarding-class network-control scheduler nc_sch;
            }
        }
      }​
    }

I want to be able to pass a VSA from radius to indicate the CoS to use:

dynamic-profiles profile-name{
      class-of-service {
          interfaces {
              interface-set "$junos-interface-set-name" {
                  output-traffic-control-profile <b>$what-variable-name$</b>;
              }
          }
       }
    }

Is this the right way of doing this?  does anyone know what the predefined variable name is for the output-traffic-control-profile?

2.  I would like to be able to clear all sessions from an interface-set.  At the moment it looks like I need to do per username or session-id?  any ideas?

------------------------------
    William Jackson
    ------------------------------