Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Juniper vMX

Posted 04-28-2022 16:48
    Hi Guys,
    I'm trying to play a bit with juniper vMX and I want to implement PAT but I don't know how to do it.
    I've set up a basic topology in gns3 with a vMX and two cisco routers configure the following ip on cisco R1 95.77.183.1/27 as an ISP router and R1 from cisco with 10.0.77.253/24.
    vMX has to act as a nat gateway and translate 10.0.77.253 into 95.77.183.30 but I couldn't find a documentation to help me do nat on this vmx .
    Can you help me please ?

------------------------------
    ALEXANDRU VASI

• 2.  RE: Juniper vMX

Posted 04-29-2022 09:53
    I don't know if it is supported under vMX, but this is how NAT is configured on MX series routers (which the vMX would also fall under):

NAT Configuration Overview | Juniper Networks

Judging by this thread: NAT support on vMX | vMX (juniper.net) there were some issues with it in the past, but not sure if it works/is supported nowadays.

• 3.  RE: Juniper vMX

Posted 04-29-2022 12:39
    Alexandru, 

i dont see the VMX supporting NAT services, usually we require Multiservices cards to support this feature on a real MX, what you can try maybe is INLINE NAT, below an example on how to configure it in a MX:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/nat-inline-next-hop-style-hairpinning.html

Thanks,

GABRIEL FLORES

• 4.  RE: Juniper vMX

Posted 05-02-2022 15:48
    Unfortunately, vMX does not and will not ever support NAT.  If you want NAT, you should use a vSRX in front of the vMX in your gns3 topology.

Eric Van Tol