Switching

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Creating a MOTD Banner

Posted 12-27-2021 09:47
      |   view attached
    I am trying to migrate a banner from Cisco to JunOS, but I am not able to convert it correctly.
    Please check the attachment to see how the banner should look like in JunOS.

If someone can help me, follow below the text that I would like to use.

* THIS DEVICE IS MONITORED!!! *
    * This device is managed by CORP *
    * ** Access to this device is PROHIBITED unless AUTHORIZED ** *
    * If you are not authorized please disconnect IMMEDIATELY. *
    * Any attempt for unauthorized access is being logged and appropriate *
    * legal action will be taken. *

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Thiago Morais

• 2.  RE: Creating a MOTD Banner

Posted 12-28-2021 10:19
    set system login announcement "*************************************************************************\n* *\n* THIS DEVICE IS MONITORED!!! *\n* *\n* This device is managed by CORP *\n* *\n* ** Access to this device is PROHIBITED unless AUTHORIZED ** *\n* If you are not authorized please disconnect IMMEDIATELY. *\n* *\n* Any attempt for unauthorized access is being logged and appropriate *\n* legal action will be taken. *\n* *\n* *\n*************************************************************************\n"
    Edit: It looks like Juniper’s community forum software strips multiple spaces, even within code blocks (that’s really bad). You’ll need to adjust the above by re-adding the appropriate number of spaces  between  asterisks.

• 3.  RE: Creating a MOTD Banner

Posted 12-28-2021 11:28
    Try this 

set system login message "\n\n\n\tTHIS DEVICE IS MONITORED!!! This device is managed by CORP  **Access to this device is PROHIBITED unless AUTHORIZED ** If you are not authorized please disconnect IMMEDIATELY.  Any attempt for unauthorized access is being logged and appropriate  legal action will be taken. \n\n\n"

ANKUR