Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Interface MAC limit and trunk port

Posted 09-20-2021 15:08
    [edit]# set vlans default switch-options interface-mac-limit 2 packet-action drop-and-log

Will the above command affect a trunk port that has learned 20+ MACs on this VLAN?

• 2.  RE: Interface MAC limit and trunk port

Posted 09-20-2021 19:47
    It affects all interfaces including trunks.

Elvin

• 3.  RE: Interface MAC limit and trunk port

Posted 09-21-2021 10:20
    Thanks Elvin. Is there a way to exclude my trunk ports? I guess I could apply the interface-mac-limit at the interface level for every interface except trunks...is this what you would suggest?

• 4.  RE: Interface MAC limit and trunk port

Posted 09-21-2021 15:57
    I think I might have not explain in detail, allow me to do so.

The command set vlans default switch-options interface-mac-limit 2 packet-action drop-and-logis acting at the vlan hierarchy level for every interface, effectively all interfaces can only learn two MACs. If you want to exclude the trunks, you could be explicit and allow the MAC limit to be enabled for all interfaces, and then disallow the trunk ports with set vlans default switch-options interface xe-0/0/0.0 interface-mac-limit disable.

HTH,

Elvin

• 5.  RE: Interface MAC limit and trunk port

Posted 09-23-2021 16:15
    Another options would be to not use the vlan context at all and just set the limit on interfaces(s) without regard to vlan under switch options