Switching

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

QFX5100, local QinQ (including a known vlan into another vlan locally)

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  QFX5100, local QinQ (including a known vlan into another vlan locally)

Posted 01-26-2022 05:34
    Hi!

I need some help, including a VLAN into another VLAN, which both are known in "edit vlans" (short: add c-vlan into s-vlan).
    Currently I have a Q-in-Q-VLAN (ID 40, Q-in-Q handled outside) and a workstation VLAN (ID 120).

As the switch only reads the outer tag, switching / tagging works perfectly fine. Ports tagged with ID 40 receive and send Q-in-Q frames, while ports with ID 120 also work fine.

Now I have the requirement to include ID 120 into ID 40. I know how to do this for physical links but is it possible to do this locally?
    Some kind of "virtual cable" to assign Q-in-Q logic on top of a local VLAN?

If I would add a cable physically, it would work but I'm sure this can be configured virtually (which would also not limit the performance to link speed).

I was unable to compile a solution from the docs for QFX5100 / ELS (20.2R2-S2.6).

Help is gladly accepted! Thank you!

• 2.  RE: QFX5100, local QinQ (including a known vlan into another vlan locally)

Posted 03-26-2022 12:03
    Can anyone help me with this problem?

ATM the only solution I see could work, is a loop between two ports and setting one side as the QinQ input (add S-VLAN tag) and tag other networks on the "normal" port.