Training and Certification

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
Expand all | Collapse all

JNCIE Emeritus

• 1.  JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 04-12-2021 09:51
    Hello everyone,
    I'd like to ask you a question related to JNCIE cert level, once received the Emeritus state.
    The aspect which is not completely clear to me is the relationship between active and Emeritus.
    What happens if you are in Emeritus and attend a recertification training? I understand that the status is no longer (only) Emeritus but also changes in active. What does it imply?
    I also cannot understand the situation about the underlyng certifications within the track. It seems that if you leave JNCIE in Emeritus they will expire (at least until Professional).
    In this case what happens?

Thanks

Giuseppe

• 2.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 04-12-2021 14:18
    Hi Giuseppe,

In the simplest terms, JNCIE Emeritus is an honorary designation and has no role or skill-specific implications. It is merely our way of recognizing your long-standing dedication to our program at the highest level and is intended for individuals who no longer have the need or the desire to keep their JNCIE certification active after a period of 9 years or more.

Given that the Emeritus designation is automatically provided on the 9-year anniversary of when a JNCIE certification is earned, it is possible (and encouraged) for individuals to continue to also maintain the active status for the same certification. It is ultimately the individual candidate's decision to continue to hold the active JNCIE certification, which will remain an industry-recognized  means of verifying that candidate's skillset, or to allow it and all underlying certifications to expire. If the candidate chooses to let their JNCIE certification expire, then that candidate will hold the Emeritus designation only at that point in time.

We do allow those with the Emeritus designation, who opted to let their JNCIE and all underlying certifications expire, to recertify at the highest level, the professional level, at any point. Once they do, all aforementioned certifications will be reactivated.  

For more information, please also see our Emeritus Program FAQ.

Regards,
    Adam Rabidoux
    Juniper Networks Certification Program

• 3.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 05-24-2022 07:42
    hi Adam,

But how do i check my Emeritus status?

Best Rgds,
    Guan

------------------------------
    guan deng

• 4.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 05-25-2022 04:36
    Hi Guan,

You may check that via Certmanager at https://www.certmetrics.com/juniper/candidate/cert_summary.aspx or visit Partner Relationship Management portal (if you're Juniper partner) and go to Contacts tab on the home page.

Regards,
    Wojciech

WOJCIECH JANISZEWSKI

• 5.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 05-25-2022 13:22
    Hi Guan,

Enrollment in the Emeritus program automatically occurs nine years from the earned date of each eligible JNCIE certification. Only the JNCIE certification, and not the underlying certifications, will receive the Emeritus status.

Thus, to determine when a particular JNCIE will become Emeritus, simply add 9 years to the date the JNCIE certification became active, which you can view on the Certifications tab within your CertMetrics account. 

Lastly, you will be able to view the Emeritus designation on both the Certifications and Special Badges tabs within your CertMetrics account.  You will also receive a JNCIE Emeritus digital badge that can be shared across various social media platforms. 

Regards,

Adam Rabidoux
    Juniper Networks Certification Program

• 6.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 11-01-2023 17:44

Hello Adam,

I had a quick question around this as well.

I received my JNCIE on 13th Feb 2015 but CertManager shows that it expires on 5th Feb 2024.

Will I still get an automatic Emeritus status or will I need to renew one more time?

Thank you!

Gautam Kumar

• 7.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 11-02-2023 10:21

Gautam,

Unfortunately, since the process is automated you will not quite make the 9 year Emeritus mark based on the dates you posted. You will have to recertify one more time to make it into Emeritus status. Keep in mind that Emeritus status is not the same as Active status and you can have both at the same time. 

Emeritus does allow you to reactivate your E-level certificate, at any time, by completing one of the recertification process requirements for the P-level certification in the same track.

I hope this helps clarify.

Josh Verhaal
    Certification and Courseware developer @ Juniper Networks

• 8.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 05-16-2023 10:00
    Edited by spuluka 05-17-2023 05:59

Hi,
    How to recertify on emeritus status when all JNCIE and underlaying cert are expired ?
    Could we just take JNCIS-SP  for example to recertify ?

RONALD H

• 9.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 05-16-2023 10:16

Ronald,

You can activate your emeritus E-level certification by taking and passing the P-Level exam associated with the track.

https://juniper-training.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055158273-Emeritus-Program-Frequently-Asked-Questions-

You can find the methods for recertification using the following link;

https://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/recertification.html

Josh Verhaal

• 10.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 05-17-2023 13:58

Hi Josh,
    AFAIK,
    The JNCIP will require JNCIS as prerequisite
    Then JNCIS will require JNCIA-Junos as prerequisite as well
    Finally it will end up with 3 exams to activate JNCIE emeritus, is this true ?

Or just need passing JNCIP exam ? And all underlying expired certs (JNCIA-Junos, JNCIS-SP, JNCIP-SP) will automatically activated ?

RONALD H

• 11.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 05-17-2023 14:05

Ronald,

When you are in emeritus you should only have to take the JNCIP-Level exam associated with your track to recertify/active your E-level cert. This will also activate your JNCIS and JNCIA in the same track. 

We waive the pre-reqs for the IP when you have an emeritus E-level in that track.

Hope that helps clear that up for you

Josh Verhaal

• 12.  RE: JNCIE Emeritus

Posted 05-19-2023 10:43

Hi Josh,
    Well noted

Thanks

RONALD H