Training and Certification

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Cisco vs Juniper - Certification Value

Posted 07-19-2021 13:47
    Hey Guys, I'm a legacy Cisco guy by trade. CCNA/CCNA Security and working towards CCNP. My previous employer had recently made a huge shift in hardware to a largely Juniper based networks but I ended up going through a career change before I got too much hands on experience. How do you guys feel from a marketability/making your job easier perspective that Juniper certifications hold up against Cisco as far as what you've seen out in the field?

------------------------------
    Sage Horvath

• 2.  RE: Cisco vs Juniper - Certification Value

Posted 08-05-2021 20:05
    Edited by Christine Carcallas 08-05-2021 20:05
    Hi Sage,

There are a few similar threads that I wanted to share, in case you haven't seen them:

Hope this helps!

Christine Carcallas

• 3.  RE: Cisco vs Juniper - Certification Value

Posted 08-06-2021 16:19
    The short version is a lot of employers are lazy.  They want people up to speed on the gear they use today for new hires. 

So which certs are better vary a lot based on what the jobs you could go for in your are are using on the ground.  And the employers attitude to training and willingness for time to get up to speed on the gear they run.

But part of this is also what you like and want to work on.  Once you get experience and advanced certs with vendor gear this works in you favor for keeping jobs related to that vendor.  So choose what you like and want too.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 4.  RE: Cisco vs Juniper - Certification Value

Posted 08-12-2021 03:51
    The value is relative to the level of importance/relevancy it has in the environment you want to be in. If your employer or where you want to be employed '__X___' is the vendor, then certainly having ____X___ certifications could be a key factor to be distinguished from other potential applicants. Same goes the other way around.

Assign X the vendor name and go for it, best of luck.

Elvin

• 5.  RE: Cisco vs Juniper - Certification Value

Posted 12-30-2021 23:33
    DO you want to try to open job search website and just search for cisco or juniper or maybe cert names or similar keywords and see how it comes together. 

Good luck.

ARENTAS BUTKUS