Training and Certification

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
Expand all | Collapse all

My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

• 1.  My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 02-22-2020 22:37

I took the JNCIP-SP written exam last week.

After 3 days, I checked my result, but it was invalidated.

Why? Why did I get such a result?

At official website, I read exam policy and security policy, etc.

However, apparenty, I took the exam as my skills, competence, knowledges.

It took about 15 minutes, because I read the questions quickly and check the obvious answers quickly.
    I hardly accept these results.
    I've sent an e-mail to talk about my situation and to request reverse the result..
    If I have to retake, is this retake cost free?
    If not, I will be really unhappy. It's 400 dollars !!

• 2.  RE: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 02-24-2020 02:57

Exam results are invalidated when the fraud detection systems believes the pass results come from study processes that violate the terms of service.  You are following the right process to challenge the results.

Review the terms of service and email Juniper certification for an appeal.

What were the processes and study material you used to prepare for the exam?

• 3.  RE: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 02-24-2020 04:34

First of all, thank you for your comment on my post.

I would like to say about my knowledge level and the course in which I prepared for the JNCIP-SP exam.

I used to familiarize myself with general theories and knowledge of routing and switching, such as MPLS and BGP, in preparing and acquiring Cisco's CCIE.

I also work for an ISP, so I usually use Juniper backbone routers like the T series and MX series.

In addition, I studied the "JUNOS Enterprise Routing" book, published by O'REILLY, and the TechLibrary on the juniper.net site.

I studied well and took the JNCIP-SP written exam in preparation.

I took exams based on my skills and knowledge and received a provisional pass !!

• 4.  Re: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 11-02-2020 09:37

I have same issue the exam result Invalidated when i contacted with Juniper Education Services, they said Your exam was invalidated due to a security violation.

I study Juniper materials and Juniper JNCIA-Junos: Practice Test one, two, and voucher Assessment Test also Juniper Open Learning the one give me the voucher for the exam.

But they still said security violation.

• 5.  RE: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 02-24-2020 13:43

Hi shs910927, 

I hope you are doing great!

Did you take the exam in a certified center or you did it at home?

• 6.  RE: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 06-21-2020 23:41

Hello shs910927

how does it proceed from the case of your certification being revoked?, I also experienced the same thing. may be you can share your experience and i want to ask some question hope you or any one can answer.

My JNCIA - Sec.June 19, 2020 certificate has been revoke. I got an Email about exam security incident, it said " You may retake your exam any time after 30 days from the date of this notification."
    but when i try to register an exam on pearson vue proctored exam it said "Juniper Networks policy requires 18 months between appointments when retaking an exam. This candidate has registered for or taken this exam 1 time and 18 months has not yet passed since the last appointment. The appointment must be on or after 19 Dec 2021"
    What is the meaning  of retake any time after 30 days? is it retake from existing registration or make a new registration on pearson vue? Thank you.

• 7.  RE: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 06-22-2020 02:39

The 30 day wait notice would be a mistake in this particular email.  That is the wait period for normal exam failure scenarios.  For those invalidated for exam security the wait period is 18 months so that a new question pool is in use and not the one with the compromised answers.

The exam security failure detects the use of "dumps" or other posted/purchased materials from the web.  So this will not be triggered by the use of Junos Genius, vLabs or official class material.

• 8.  RE: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 07-15-2020 06:38

Hello,

Please note that the 30-day wait period after an invalidated exam score is NOT a mistake. Steve is correct in that you must wait 18 months after passing an exam to retake it, but that is not the case with exams that were invalidated. 

Note we do have to request Pearson VUE to waive this retake policy to allow candidates to register for an exam again after an invalidation. Please email certification@juniper.net if you need for us to do so on your behalf. 

Regards,

JNCP Team

• 9.  RE: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 07-31-2022 23:55
    Hello, 
    I have exactly same situation as shs910927 and I not really happy with it. 
    Yet, I do not have have a chance to re-book JN0-231 exam on Pearson VUE: 

"Juniper Networks policy requires 18 months between appointments when retaking an exam. This candidate has registered for or taken this exam 1 time and 18 months has not yet passed since the last appointment. The appointment must be on or after 28 Jan 2024"

emailed certification@juniper.net, but I yet to received any update.
    Could you have do anything for this?

------------------------------
    JIAJUN TEOW

• 10.  RE: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 07-31-2022 23:55
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Hello,

I had same issue as luthfi.gibrani  as i cannot re -book my JNCIA exam after it getting  invalidated.
    I had emailed  certification@juniper.net  but not received any reply back. 
    What i need to do next ?

• 11.  RE: My JNCIP-SP written exam result is invalidated. What should I do?

Posted 08-01-2022 10:38
    Edited by Adam Rabidoux 08-01-2022 10:37
    Hello,

Per our program policies

Juniper Networks performs industry standard statistical analyses on all exam results to ensure compliance with the Juniper Networks Candidate Agreement and JNCP exam security policies.

• Exam results that are determined valid are available in CertMetrics within three (3) business days of the exam.
      • Exam results that are identified as aberrant and outside an acceptable statistical range are invalidated because Juniper Networks is unable to certify that the candidate has demonstrated valid measures of their ability as sampled by the exam. The candidate is notified via email of exam retake options, if applicable.

Juniper Networks reserves the right to revise an exam score anytime after testing if there is any evidence of misconduct, exam security violations or scoring inaccuracies.

When we invalidate an exam score, we send a detailed email that explains the situation to the primary email address used with the candidate's CertMetrics account.  Any reply to those emails or emails sent to our general certication@juniper.net email account will be subsequently responded to by a member of our team within 24-48 hours.

Regards,

Adam Rabidoux
    Juniper Networks Certification Program