SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).
  • 1.  WireGuard Plugin walkthrough

Posted 11-28-2022 14:14
      |   view attached
    Hello Community,

I have put together a quick walkthrough covering the configuration of WireGuard on your SSR. It is not an all inclusive video, but merely a basic configuration. It is also my first video on the community. I hope to contribute more in the future. 

All documentation can be found here:

Wireguard Plugin | SSN Docs
    Juniper remove preview
    Wireguard Plugin | SSN Docs
    The wireguard plugin allows your 128T router to peer with other endpoints using wireguard. With this plugin you can securely connect endpoints to your 128T fabric, extending services and network tenancy. Wireguard operates using cryptokey routing, which provides device-to-edge security with a 128T service centric fabric.
    View this on Juniper >

Quick note, at some point in the video I mistakenly refer to public address instead of public key.

------------------------------
    Mark Ansley

• 2.  RE: WireGuard Plugin walkthrough

Posted 11-29-2022 16:12
    Hello Mark,

First, you made a great explanatory video, thank you so much.

My question is- As a prerequisite, did you need any kind of license in order to get the WireGuard up and running ?

Thank you,
    Latif

LATIF BASHOTA

• 3.  RE: WireGuard Plugin walkthrough

Posted 12-03-2022 04:50
    Hi Latif,

No you don't need any license for WireGuard. And you need active SSR license to download or upgrade the plugin.

Cheers,
    Ivan

Ivan Stanev

• 4.  RE: WireGuard Plugin walkthrough

Posted 02-24-2023 13:50

Great walkthrough, thank you very much! 

At 5 minutes in, you associate the WireGuard Profile with a WAN interface. Are you able to apply the WG Profile to a second WAN interface, for redundancy? Say you had dns records pointing to both public WAN IPs, to allow clients load balance and fail over if one WAN connection was to fail.

Austin Stoffel
    Systems Administrator

• 5.  RE: WireGuard Plugin walkthrough

Posted 08-31-2023 08:55
    Edited by Mark 08-31-2023 08:56

Hi Austin,

That is a very interesting proposition. I am not sure anyone has tried it. This is likely applicable more if you have a two node HA SSR and WireGuard associated at both WAN interfaces. Have you tried it?

Mark Ansley