vMX

View Only
last person joined: 10 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about vMX.
  • 1.  What is the consequence if license is getting expire?

Posted 07-19-2022 02:32
    Hi. I would like to ask. I got the following alarm that tells the vMX license is getting to expires.

Alarm time               Class  Description
    2022-05-12 13:12:15 WIB  Minor  License for feature VMX-SCALE-PREMIUM(222) is about to expire​

Just a simple question. What is the consequence of license is getting expired without renewal? Do you have any KB for the explanation? I cannot find one.

• 2.  RE: What is the consequence if license is getting expire?
    Best Answer

Posted 07-19-2022 09:31
    I can't find it in any of the documentation either.  But I was told that licenses are enforced and without an active license there is a very low bandwidth limit and only the base feature set is able to be configured. 

We used them for some lab topology testing but they would not be usable for production workloads.

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 3.  RE: What is the consequence if license is getting expire?

Posted 07-21-2022 10:27

Hey there,
    I'm asking around internally for an authoritative, or at least documented response for you. If this license expiration could impact prod and you need a faster response, I'd suggest you open a JTAC ticket ASAP. From my personal experience with a competing vendor (Cisco), when CSR1000v licenses expire throughput drops to 1.5 Mbps. This happened to me in a prod environment and was unpleasant, as we were pushing 5-10 Gbps at the time of the Cisco license expiration.

Andrew Lapteff