Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  tftp source address

Posted 01-04-2023 12:16
    Hi all,

I have a TFTP server that we use for offsite backups. I am trying to create an op script to handle this backup process. so far I have this, and it works. (must be run from shell)
    tftp -JP [file to copy] [tftp server address]:[filename]

I am trying to set the loopback as the source interface. I see in the help file thats and option, but whenever I try it traffic show whatever physical interface it went out as the source. 

% tftp -Jh
    Usage of tftp:
    [-JI outgoing_interface] : tftp -JI outgoing_if_name

Command I have tried:
    tftp -JI lo0 -JP [file to copy] [tftp server address]:[filename]
    tftp -JI lo0.0 -JP [file to copy] [tftp server address]:[filename]

Any thoughts?

------------------------------
    Matthew Bitrick

• 2.  RE: tftp source address

Posted 01-04-2023 14:46
    What platform and code are you running?  What language? My shell based tftp on 22.2 does not take any switches.  You can use the file copy command from the cli. What file are you trying to backup (perhaps config archive is a better way if its a config)?

David Divins

• 3.  RE: tftp source address

Posted 01-12-2023 09:35
    I am running 17.3R3. 
    For right now I am not using a language, just built in commands in the Junos shell. 
    Yes, i am trying to backup the config file, TFTP is the preference , we already have a tftp server for other servers. As far as I am aware config archive does not support tftp, or has that changed?

Matthew Bitrick

• 4.  RE: tftp source address

Posted 01-12-2023 11:10
    Again, what platform.  17.3 is End Of Life and on my 22.2 SRX, I get the below:
    root@srx1500:~ # tftp -h
    tftp: Name does not resolve
    tftp>

I do not think config archive supports TFTP, and I would suggest adding SCP as a service there and use config archive.  You could also pull the configs via ssh/scp/netconf from a central server.

David Divins