Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  system snapshot on EX4300-48MP?

Posted 12-23-2022 14:12
    Hey all, 

It appears that the ex4300-48MP does not support requesting of system snapshots.

It looks like based on this KB that there is no manual snapshots needed (Recovering the Primary Partition on EX4300-48MP Switches)

As a test, I tried to run the command that that link discusses (set system software add on-primary force-host) but it fails.

Can anyone can confirm these assumptions? I suspect that command only works when system boots on the recovery partition. 

My plan is to simply set "set system auto-snapshot" as that command is valid. 

All other commands related to 'snapshot' results in "cli command not supported on 48mp" or something like that.

• 2.  RE: system snapshot on EX4300-48MP?

Posted 11-21-2023 17:37

I would like to know the answer to this question as well.  Do you need to perform a snapshot on the EX4300-48MP and if so, how is that performed?

------------------------------
    JARROD RONHOVDE

• 3.  RE: system snapshot on EX4300-48MP?

Posted 11-22-2023 03:18

There is no option to perform a manual snapshot on the EX4300-48MP. Therefore there is nothing you need to do.

HARRY