Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Suggest device for ADSL connection

Posted 06-23-2022 10:30
    Hi,

I am having 2 x ADSL backup lines installed into remote datacentres for access to console ports of remote equipment, as follows:

VPN -> ADSL -> (Suggested device) -> Console Server -> equipment at remote site

What would you recommend as a solution for the <suggested device> section? SRX300?

Let me know the best device to be located here to allow ADSL/VPN/Routing capabilities - only one route really, to the console server going in and a default route coming out.

Many thanks

------------------------------
    Clive

• 2.  RE: Suggest device for ADSL connection

Posted 06-24-2022 03:12
    Hi,

SRX 300 would be more the enough to accomplish your task for having site to site VPN. Maybe you could also look at SRX320 with LTE module for backup link if that is some critical infrastructure that you need to get to.

Vedran

VEDRAN DOKMANOVIC

• 3.  RE: Suggest device for ADSL connection

Posted 06-24-2022 05:45
    Hi Vedran,

Much appreciated with the feedback.
    I guess my concern was the presentation from the ADSL. If they only present with RJ11 the I don't think the SRX300 has the module. Would the SRX320 allow, for example, a VDSL module for the RJ11 connectivity, or is there perhaps another option to have a convertor for the SRX300?

Seems like an SRX340 would allow for the VDSL module but the cost is excessive for a simple ADSL Console Server back up.

May not even have to be VPN, just general connectivity to the assigned IP would probably do (Interface on the SRX).

Clive