Labs

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Discover how to get the most of Juniper labs and share what you've built.

Streaming Telemetry with vLabs

• 1.  Streaming Telemetry with vLabs

Posted 10-17-2022 12:10
    Hello everyone,

I am trying to use vLabs to see some working streaming telemetry data. There are plenty of resources that show examples of both dial-in and dial-out on Junos devices using third party collectors like Telegraf. The issue I am running into is that the vLab devices don't seem to allow us to install anything on them so I can't get Telegraf or any other collector.

The only option seems to be able to configure a JUNOS device to send streaming telemetry samples to an internal dev box, or to use HealthBot to do the collection and inspect the data.

I have tried to use HealthBot but the default licenses do not support open-config and will not allow me to collect from streaming telemetry and instead HealthBot by default only collects from other telemetry sources like SNMP, and iSensor.

So that leaves me with the last option of configuring a device to send streaming telemetry samples to an internal dev box, but the issue here is that it doesn't look like any of the dev boxes include any sort of streaming telemetry collector so there would be no way to inspect any of the data. Does anyone know if it is possible to install third party software like Telegraf on any of the lab dev boxes or any other path to try to see streaming telemetry data from any of the vLab topologies?

Thanks in advance,

David

------------------------------
    DAVID HELMAN
    ------------------------------