Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  SRX340 cant reach outside zones after OS upgrade

Posted 11-03-2022 02:26

Hello everyone,

So I have a Juniper SRX340 which I upgraded OS from JUNOS 21.3R1.9 to 22.2R1.9. The system successfully installs the OS. But after it restarts for new OS to be active, I cant access the SRX except via console. When I console to it, I can see all interfaces are UP both physical and irb interfaces. I am able to ping interfaces but cant ping/trace to anything outside from the SRX. No can I ping/trace to the SRX from outside.  The configuration and rescue files are all validated and passed during the installation. 
    Below are sample message after installation via SSH and image for installation via J-Web

Verified junos-boot-srxsme-22.2R1.9.tgz signed by PackageProductionECP256_2022 method ECDSA256+SHA256
    Verified junos-srxsme-22.2R1.9-domestic signed by PackageProductionECP256_2022 method ECDSA256+SHA256
    Verified manifest signed by PackageProductionECP256_2022 method ECDSA256+SHA256
    JUNOS 22.2R1.9 will become active at next reboot
    WARNING: A reboot is required to load this software correctly
    WARNING:     Use the 'request system reboot' command
    WARNING:         when software installation is complete
    Saving state for rollback ...

upgrade
    Any idea of what I am missing or need to do in order to resolve this issue after upgrade?

BR
    Amos

------------------------------
    AMOS NOTA

• 2.  RE: SRX340 cant reach outside zones after OS upgrade

Posted 11-07-2022 12:32
    Can you provide the outputs of below commands?

show system services | display set
    show interfaces | display set
    show security zones | display set

I shall have a look if you are missing anything on the config front. 

Also, on console, run the below command and try to ssh from another PC and what are the outputs you are getting on the console. 
    (change interface name as per your config / setup ) 

>monitor traffic interface fxp0.0 no-resolve size 1500 matching "port 22"

Regards,

Brijil R