SRX

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX300 freezing with power LED steadily amber

Posted 09-05-2022 00:15

We have a SRX300 freezes irregularly with power LED steadily amber(status, alarm, HA LED  are off).
    No response to graceful shutdown, force reboot can bring it back to normal .
    There is no improvement to update software or to replace power supply, how can I resolve the problem?

• 2.  RE: SRX300 freezing with power LED steadily amber

Posted 09-05-2022 11:58
    Are you able to get access to the device during this state to run some commands.

show chassis alarms
    show system alarms
    show log messages | last 25

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 3.  RE: SRX300 freezing with power LED steadily amber

Posted 09-15-2022 15:44
    I have experienced problems like this before and had to RMA all my SRX300 and SRX340 series devices. The problem was the type of storage installed in the SRX300 series. If the SRX300 series has storage type "ATP CG eUSB" then that is possibly your problem. You can check the type of storage in the SRX with the cli command "show chassis hardware detail".

If the storage is ATP CG eUSB, this is likely your problem. This storage type has a problem with corruption and will eventually crash the SRX into a state such as you describe. The storage on newer model SRX300 series devices is "USB Flash Module" which solves the problem. 

Since I replaced all my SRX300's and SRX340's I have not had this random lockup problem again.

Stuart

• 4.  RE: SRX300 freezing with power LED steadily amber

Posted 09-19-2022 07:54
    I guess that's the problem, my storage was "ATP CG eUSB", and it is dead awhile.
    Therefore, I am using an external USB storage now.
    Thank you Footy-Smurf!