Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  SRX1500 can't see physical interfaces after power hit

Posted 03-02-2023 14:31

I have an SRX1500 running version 22.4R1.10.

After a weather related power hit, and reboot, my SRX has no link lights on connected interfaces, and does not display ANY physical interfaces using "show interfaces terse", which I was able to determine by accessing the SRX via console. 

While several ge- and xe- interfaces are configured, only xe-0/0/17 and xe-0/0/19 are connected. xe-0/0/19 is connected to an EX4300-32f switch as an ae0  member port. The configuration appears unaltered. 

2 sites have endured abrupt power cycles and are experiencing the same challenge as far as I can tell so far.

While I am familiar with the Juniper environment, but not practiced enough with troubleshooting.

Any thoughts on how/where I might determine what is actually has actually happened and where I might direct my research toward resolution.

I may not be able to display configuration here, but I will do my best to describe.

I very much appreciate any thoughts, and wonder if others have encountered similar issues.

------------------------------
    Michele McAllister

• 2.  RE: SRX1500 can't see physical interfaces after power hit

Posted 03-03-2023 09:54

I suggest to you to run: "show chassis hardware" and verify the status of the fpc0 

SALVATORE COLIMORO

• 3.  RE: SRX1500 can't see physical interfaces after power hit

Posted 03-03-2023 10:42

Much appreciated! When I was finally able to console in, I ran that command and see BUILTIN for FPC 0.

"show chassis fpc 0 detail" reveals fpc 0 is offline and unresponsive. 

"show chassis alarms" shows Major FPC 0 Hard errors.

I tried to "request chassis fpc 0  online / tag / other / etc.", but the SRX1500 does not have that capability and research did not suggest another course to recover the fpc.

Michele McAllister

• 4.  RE: SRX1500 can't see physical interfaces after power hit

Posted 03-03-2023 15:41

The fpc is internal on the device and the error suggest a hardware level failure which would require a replacement.

You could try to copy the configuration and do a full factory reset to see if that helps it recover access.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home