SRX

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX-300 1-to-1 NAT not passing traffic

Posted 12-02-2022 15:59
    I'm trying to route from a public IP to an internal web server, but it doesn't seem to be passing http traffic, here's what I have:
    set security nat static rule-set web1 from zone internet
    set security nat static rule-set web1 rule web1 match destination-address 1.2.3.4/32
    set security nat static rule-set web1 rule web1 then static-nat prefix 10.1.10.6/32
    set security nat proxy-arp interface ge-0/0/0.0 address 1.2.3.4/32
    set security policies from-zone internet to-zone trust policy web1 match source-address any
    set security policies from-zone internet to-zone trust policy web1 match destination-address web1
    set security policies from-zone internet to-zone trust policy web1 match application any
    set security policies from-zone internet to-zone trust policy web1 then permit
    set security address-book global address web1 10.1.10.6/32
    set security policies from-zone trust to-zone internet policy trust-internet match source-address web1
    set security policies from-zone trust to-zone internet policy trust-internet match destination-address any
    set security policies from-zone trust to-zone internet policy trust-internet match application any
    set security policies from-zone trust to-zone internet policy trust-internet then permit

Where should I be looking?

• 2.  RE: SRX-300 1-to-1 NAT not passing traffic
    Best Answer

Posted 12-03-2022 04:03
    Hello,

Can you try  out the below option and get me the output ?

>show security match-policies from-zone <> to-zone <> source-ip <> destination-ip <> source-port 10.1.10.6 destination-port <> protocol 6
    >show security nat static rule all

Also, did we test any other traffic and confirmed working ?
    To test and isolate, you can try setting policies to any any, with that we can confirm if any issues with policies or its with NAT 

Regards,

------------------------------
    Brijil R

• 3.  RE: SRX-300 1-to-1 NAT not passing traffic

Posted 12-03-2022 06:41
    You configuration seems exactly like the sample.

Could you try the connections both inbound and outbound and see what sessions exist using
    show security flow session source-prefix
    show security flow session destination-prefix

These will confirm which policy is being used for the session and what nat is occurring.  It seems likely some other policy and/or nat rule is being applied due to order or scope of policy. Once this is identified we can see where to either move or change the interfering configuration.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 4.  RE: SRX-300 1-to-1 NAT not passing traffic

Posted 12-19-2022 22:47
    Thanks for the help troubleshooting, I found there was another router with a similar IP on the network causing troubles.