Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Route leaking questions between the default and another instance

Posted 11-21-2022 17:50
    Hi experts, I am fairly new to Juniper and especially new to the complex subjects. I am working on some DHCP projects and I have to leak routes between the default and another instance. I googled around and got it working but the config is messy. I have 10.0.1.2/24 on vlan.0 in the default instance and 10.0.2.2/24 on vlan.2 on another instance. I first found the "instance-import" but it only worked one way (so 10.0.2.0/24 got put in the default instance) but not the other way. Is it expected or did I make a mistake here?
    set routing-options instance-import import_relay_route_to_server_vr <--- works
    set policy-options policy-statement import_relay_route_to_server_vr term 1 from instance test
    set policy-options policy-statement import_relay_route_to_server_vr term 1 from route-filter 10.0.2.0/24 exact
    set policy-options policy-statement import_relay_route_to_server_vr term 1 then accept
    set policy-options policy-statement import_relay_route_to_server_vr term 2 then reject

set routing-instances test routing-options instance-import export_dhcp_server_route <--- not working
    set policy-options policy-statement export_dhcp_server_route term 1 from route-filter 10.0.1.0/24 exact
    set policy-options policy-statement export_dhcp_server_route term 1 then accept
    set policy-options policy-statement export_dhcp_server_route term 2 then reject
    Then I found the rib-groups config and did the following to put 10.0.1.0/24 in the test instance
    set routing-options interface-routes rib-group inet RIB
    set routing-options rib-groups RIB import-rib inet.0
    set routing-options rib-groups RIB import-rib test.inet.0
    set routing-options rib-groups RIB import-policy export_dhcp_server_route
    Which is the better way to do things like this? 
    Thanks!

------------------------------
    DIFAN ZHAO

• 2.  RE: Route leaking questions between the default and another instance

Posted 11-22-2022 02:47
    Edited by Sheetanshu 11-23-2022 00:36
    Hi Difan,

Try adding the following in the instance-import (non-working) config.
    set policy-options policy-statement export_dhcp_server_route term 1 from instance master

Regards

Sheetanshu Shekhar