Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  PSU status message help

Posted 10-20-2022 05:36
    Hi everyone,

Just need some advice regarding the below output when I run the command "show chassis environment"

Class Item Status Measurement
    Power FPC 0 Power Supply 0 OK
    FPC 0 Power Supply 1 Present
    FPC 1 Power Supply 0 OK
    FPC 1 Power Supply 1 Present

Can anyone advise what "Present" means here? I am expecting to see OK as that's what other switches are showing. Does this indicate that the PSUs are not functioning?

thank you

------------------------------
    HASSAN ALTAHAN

• 2.  RE: PSU status message help

Posted 10-20-2022 08:16
    In general present has no obvious errors which would generate alarm mode but is not fully functional which would show as ok.

Present here seems to be related to the power supply issue.  A common possible cause would be insufficient input power or current to that module.  Or overload of that power zone.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 3.  RE: PSU status message help

Posted 10-21-2022 11:53
    thanks for the reply Steve. i tried to replicate the issue on a test setup. looks like it's likely just a power cord unplugged - remote site so couldn't physically check.

HASSAN ALTAHAN

• 4.  RE: PSU status message help

Posted 10-22-2022 12:31
    In reference to spuluka answer: Make sure, if plugged into UPS, that UPS is providing sufficient voltage to the Juniper. We had a router that showed the same thing and we found the UPS was the culprit and outputting less than the required PSU voltage. Plugged into buidling power and everything showed "OK".  Now looking for UPS that will do the job.