Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Problem with QFX VC - /var/jails folder

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 12-14-2022 10:45

Hi all,

I have an old QFX 3500s swithces thath stacked in Virtual Chassis (in stack there is only 2 devices - master and backup).
    The problem is, that recently after trying to update configuration - fpc1 says that there is no space left:

So we started to investigate and find soon, that /var folder is aldready at 108% on the backup switch, which we supposed was caused by log files.
    But apparently it was caused by this strange /var/jails folder, which is actualy a jroute web api. 

The problem is that there is no actual files, that exceed a mounted partition size, not in /var , nor in /var/jails.
    Is someone knows what's partition is it? Is it possible to umount it, without interruption of devices?
    On master switch, there is the same /var/jails, but size in only 13M
    (Sorry for image format, but i don't have access to devices right now)

• 2.  RE: Problem with QFX VC - /var/jails folder

Posted 12-15-2022 09:23
    You could try the basic Junos disk clean up command to see if it can recognize and remove the unneeded files.
    system storage cleanup

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Problem with QFX VC - /var/jails folder

Posted 12-15-2022 14:30

Hi Steve!

Already try it - but no, backup switch (which is the source of the problem) doesn't seems to recognize these files, and so they are not shown in "cleanup dry-run".
    And there is no actual big files or log files that exceed rotation size, and for our suprise - there is not files at all on the mounted filesystem (except the one from jroute package):

• 4.  RE: Problem with QFX VC - /var/jails folder

Posted 12-15-2022 13:17
    I have seen where processes are still bound to an inode and not a file name.
    In my case it was dhcp-services.
    Maybe in your case its   jweb ?
    restart web-management

Something to try.
    start shell user root

cd /var/jails/
    ls -li