Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Preferred default route when both interfaces dynamic

Posted 11-07-2022 10:25

How do I apply a preference (or assign a metric) to a given interface over another, for a device's default route, when both interfaces use dynamically assigned addresses from the service provider? Changing either to static is not an option.

Aside from issues around interface redundancy, the device works fine otherwise e.g. internet access and so on.

• 2.  RE: Preferred default route when both interfaces dynamic

Posted 11-11-2022 14:36
    Could u share some details about connectivity. Like…how are u getting the default route? BGP? How are the two interfaces connected to the ISP? Same router on ISP sides connecting to the two interfaces on your device or different routers?
    I think that might help the community understand the problem and  suggest a solution

------------------------------
    SHAHBAZ KHAN
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Preferred default route when both interfaces dynamic

Posted 11-15-2022 06:46
    I have resolved this issue here: https://community.juniper.net/discussion/preferred-default-route-when-both-interfaces-dynamic-1#bm504374ec-87b9-4f93-9d91-625b6a43c1c9