SRX

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  "Please wait, synching data from device" message after Juniper vSRX VM first wizard setup

Posted 11-14-2022 12:51
    Dear Users,

I'm a newbie and I just installed the Juniper Trial vSRX virtual machine to learn more about it.
    I'm able to configure the management port and reach the web interface.
    From the web interface, I started the wizard setup to complete the basic configuration, but, at the end of this procedure, a strange message appears when I try to do something using the GUI.

The message is "Please wait, synching data from device" and I'm using the latest available version of vSRX VM.
    The VM is running on VMware ESXi v.7 U3.
    Could you please help me to understand what I have to do to fix this issue?

Thank you,
    Mauro

------------------------------
    MAURO TRIDICI

• 2.  RE: "Please wait, synching data from device" message after Juniper vSRX VM first wizard setup

Posted 17 days ago

Hi,

I have this error on GUI too but its a SRX device. Anyone have solution?

FAIZ ADNA

• 3.  RE: "Please wait, synching data from device" message after Juniper vSRX VM first wizard setup

Posted 16 days ago

It sounds like the Web GUI lost connection to the firewall. You can use F12 (Developer Tools) in your browser, then look at the Network tab in there to see what requests the browser is sending to the SRX and what the failure is.

Are you able to connect to the firewall by other means (i.e. SSH)?

(!!!) DANGER -- OPINION (!!!) In the long run, you would save yourself a lot of hair if you abandon the Web GUI in favor of the CLI.  The Web GUI development seems to favor form over function, with significant security holes discovered (and patched) recently.

Nikolay Semov