Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  MPC10 on MX960

Posted 04-22-2023 14:07

i have juniper mx960 & need to add MPC10E-10C & MPC10E-15C 

if i need to use the 400G ports do I need to work in increased bandwidth performance mode for the SCBE3 or i can use the redundancy mode for the SCBE3s
    as you know i have 3 SCBE3 for the MX960 (consider I have enhanced Midplane) 
    as seen from datasheet of MPC10E-10C & MPC10E-15C the line rates 1Tbps & 1.5Tbps so is it a must to use increased bandwidth performance mode 3+0  or I can achieve the data rates with the redundancy mode 2+1 for these MPC10E cards..

• 2.  RE: MPC10 on MX960

Posted 04-24-2023 13:54
    It depends on the amount of traffic expected between the MPC and the redundancy mode that will be operating.  If inter-mpc traffic is greater than 1Tbps - then non-redundant mode is best. Otherwise, redundant mode is preferred.
    In redundancy mode - you get 4 channels of inter-MPC bandwidth, at 250Gbps per channel. In non-redundant mode, you get 6 channels - 1.5Tbps total.
    So if traffic stays on the same MPC, it's really no big deal. But if that traffic hops to another a MPC - then the available bandwidth becomes far more important.

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------