Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Junos Space and network management.
  • 1.  Junos space access to SRX using a password repository

Posted 07-20-2022 12:15
    Hi all,
    for Junos Space accessing SRX devices, is it possible to use an account whose password is kept in an external repository?
    in detail, Junos Space should connect to the SRX devices using a specific username and a password that must be retrieved from an appliance that works as a password locker and manage the password changes rotation.
    supposing this is achievable using APIs, is there somewhere any reference documentation about the API configuration in junospace and specifically regarding the password external repository?

thank you

------------------------------
    MASSIMILIANO PACE

• 2.  RE: Junos space access to SRX using a password repository

Posted 07-25-2022 12:19
    No, it is  not possible to have Junos Space use a remote password repository.

But,  Junos Space can be configured to use SSH keys instead. 

In this case you would not enable password authentication for the "junos-space" user account. on the SRX

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos-space19.1/platform/topics/concept/platform-key-based-authentication-overview.html

Matthew Paskey

• 3.  RE: Junos space access to SRX using a password repository

Posted 07-28-2022 06:41
    Thank you for your answer. I'm not sure the key-based authentication works for my case, the request is that the authentication password should change periodically, and I use an external repository to automatically manage the password rotation. I guess the keys on Junos Space must be manually generated instead..

MASSIMILIANO PACE