Security

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Junos Space 22.1 R1 - [Schema is not ready. Resync job queued.]

Posted 12-22-2022 10:38

Hello all! Merry Christmas!

Following a fresh install of 22.1R1 and a restore of our Space environment we can't seem to Resync Network  Elements on any managed devices. Tried restarting JBOSS, removing device and re-adding as managed device (which is fine), also tried updating the relevant DMI Schemas. Moment you run a  Resynchronize  with Network job it sits there at pending stating [Schema is not ready. Resync job queued.]

Any one else seen/had this?

JTAC will be raised shortly...

------------------------------
    WILLIAM BELCHER

• 2.  RE: Junos Space 22.1 R1 - [Schema is not ready. Resync job queued.]

Posted 09-26-2023 10:16

Hi, 

Did you have a solution or cause to this?

Marco Eegdeman

• 3.  RE: Junos Space 22.1 R1 - [Schema is not ready. Resync job queued.]

Posted 01-13-2024 23:33
    Edited by tlorimer 01-17-2024 22:29

Hi,

I am seeing this as well in 23.1R1, did you manage to find a resolution?

Thanks

TONY LORIMER
    Consultant

• 4.  RE: Junos Space 22.1 R1 - [Schema is not ready. Resync job queued.]

Posted 01-17-2024 14:35

Hi there Tony, we ended up raising a JTAC and from my limited notes on the case/emails it looks like the schema's were removed, re-installed and JBOSS service restarted.

WILLIAM BELCHER

• 5.  RE: Junos Space 22.1 R1 - [Schema is not ready. Resync job queued.]

Posted 01-17-2024 22:31

Hi William,

Thanks for the pointers.

TONY LORIMER
    Consultant
    KALBA AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
    GREYSTANES

• 6.  RE: Junos Space 22.1 R1 - [Schema is not ready. Resync job queued.]

Posted 01-18-2024 09:05

Hi there, we also ended up with a JTAC case.

Indeed also with removing (with script from JTAC) and manual adding specific schema's
    JTAC also used a specific (custom) version of a schema to install, to test the matching.

Main advice from JTAC, you don't need the matching number of firmware and schema to match. As workaround you can remove all your schema's and just install one that is close to your firmware version.  Preferabele, just one schema at first.

Space will say, you need to install a beter matching one, but also your device will come in sync.

Make sure you have the "Automatic Schema Install" disabled

If needed, I think, I can locate the used commands/script to remove all existing schema's

Marco Eegdeman

• 7.  RE: Junos Space 22.1 R1 - [Schema is not ready. Resync job queued.]

Posted 01-19-2024 05:33

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the update.

FYI: For others who may come across this issue.

I stumbled across a script called deleteDMISchemaForcefully.sh when searching the "Feature Explorer" for something else, which was introduce with Junos Space 20.3R1. 

https://apps.juniper.net/feature-explorer/feature-info.html?fKey=9834&fn=Force+delete+schema+script

I ran the script (./deleteDMISchemaForcefully.sh DEVICE_FAMILY  SCHEMA_VERSION_TO_DELETE  SET_DEFAULT_SCHEMA_VERSION)

----

[root@space-02113225098e cgi-bin]# ./deleteDMISchemaForcefully.sh junos-es 23.2R1.13 23.1R1.8
    Going to delete schema information from Database
    mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
    mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
    Deleted schema from DB successfully
    Going to delete schema information from filesystem
    Deleted schema information from filesystem successfully

----

This fixed the issue for me

TONY LORIMER
    Consultant