Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Juniper SRX Firewall VRRP not able to access the VLAN

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 11-19-2022 20:02
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Hi,
    I am facing an issue with Juniper SRX Firewalls, configured firewalls using VRRP but i am not able to access the Second VRRP firewall irb. (Refer attached first Picture)
    Two Firewalls A and B Configured with VRRP and a trunk port between each other with all allowed vlan members.
    Other two firewalls X and Y also Configured with VRRP and a trunk port between each other with all allowed vlan members.
    A Firewall Connected to X and B firewall Connected to Y.
    When i am trying to access the management VLAN of Firewall B or Firewall Y, I am not able to access from the switch that is connected to A and B. (Refer attached first Picture)
    And also, one more issue is when i reboot Firewall X, the traffic to the computers Location 2 that are connected to Y not reaching from Location 1. (Refer attached second Picture).

Please advise, what is the best way to resolve this issue without changing the current design.

• 2.  RE: Juniper SRX Firewall VRRP not able to access the VLAN

Posted 11-19-2022 20:12
    Are the SRX configured in packet mode as router only or as the normal shipped flow mode as a firewall?

How are the routing subnets exchanged between site 1 and site 2? OSPF, BGP, static routes?

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------